Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Furlough

Today I was furloughed for the very first time in my government career.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I agree with the shutdown, but my heart is heavy for the government workers, our country, our rights, our Congress and even our POTUS.  Most people in the DC Area work for the government.  They will not receive a check until the furlough is over, if Congress agrees to pay them.  I am blessed, thankful and grateful that Rick does not work for the government.  We will not feel the pinch as hard as others.

Yes, there are things we will have to say "No" to, but that is okay.  I believe the Lord began to prepare us for this moment beginning with a Dave Ramsey class we went through in the Spring.  Going through this class opened our eyes in many ways.  The beginnings of an emergency fund was established, and we began to see which expenses could be cut out of our lives.  The gym account has been frozen.  The cable has been cut.  The extra storage unit is no longer being rented, and no more eating out as much as we like. Of course, paying the mortgage and the bills.  Will Rick's salary cover all this?  Nope, but that is why I believe and trust in a God who owns it all!  One of my favorite quotes from Beth Moore, "There is nothing over my head that's not under God's feet."

One thing we will not sacrifice is Georgia's school.  Sending her to public school is an option we will not entertain.  If push comes to shove, I will home school her.  Georgia is thriving in her school!  The other thing we will try to keep doing is swim club.  I LOVE to see G in the water!  This is her "thing" along with basketball.

Now that I have time on my hands, I have resurrected the old blog.  I decided I would have fun posting something on each day of my furlough.  Come along this journey with me and "Enjoy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment