Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Furlough Day Two

Well, it's day two.  I have boxes to finish today and will hopefully get them to the Salvation Army before picking up my G.  Rick took G to school today so the Soph and I are chillin' with Pumpkin Spice coffee. The house is open and the fresh air smells wonderful! Maybe Congress and POTUS could use some Pumpkin Spice coffee and fresh air. They can come to my house for some, I have few words for them while they are here. Anyway, the weather has been amazing in the evenings. It's nice to give the A/C a rest. We have hardly used it in the last month. Thank you, Lord!

I think this furlough will last through this week, if not longer. I asked Rick last night if I should feel a certain way about all of this furlough stuff. I'm not upset, but should I be? I'm not concerned about the lack of money, but should I be? I'm not worried about how long I'll be out of work, but should I be? I keep trying to make myself worry to see if that is where I need to go, but I can't. I literally reject it in my mind! It's like trying to go through a door, but being pushed back because the door closes on you. Does that make sense?

Let me tell you why I think this is the case. I come from excellent stock! I have parents who have taught me Biblical truths in all situations. How? I have watched them! My parents have always lived out the Word of God and their belief in front of us. It is the best gift a parent can ever give a child! I know G is watching her parents and taking notes on how we handle this. Plus, if you have never seen a Stevens taking a stand, you have missed out. We are a strong and stubborn lot!

Another reason I am not fretting is because these scriptures keep coming to mind:

For this reason I say unto you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will drink; not for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? Matthew 6:25-26

.....With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

And the peace of God that surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalms 84:11 

Lastly, I have experience in this area. I've been without a job before, and I've watched my parents go through it when I was a child. Whether it's no pay for a week or months, you buckle down and take it a step at a time. The battle begins in the mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment