Saturday, October 5, 2013

Furlough Day Five

I have spent most of Furlough Day Five sitting in a chair under a tree at Grace's Fall Festival, and it was HOT. Oh, I did chunk a pumpkin! I ended the day with a group of adults and kids my family has grown to love in a very short time, our small group. If you are looking for a church or small group, I have a recommendation for you.

Grace had their Fall Festival today. This is not a yearly event, and it was our first time to attend. There was pumpkin chunkin', a candy hunt in hay, a corn box (sand box for kids), face painting, bouncy thingys, a popcorn bar, pumpkin painting, a corn hole game, worship and a baptism. Of course, there was food. Rick help cook over 650 hamburgers. The desserts alone were amazing. I have never seen so many desserts in my life, and I come from a Baptist upbringing! The Shoger family came with us so I needed to "visit" instead of help. How's that for an excuse?

I forgot to mention yesterday that I discovered I do not have to make a payment for swim club in October. My paycheck covers swim club. I paid swim club in September, and thought the next payment was due in October. But...it's not! Since September's payment was due on the 15th, it covers September and October. No payment is due until November 1st. Yippee!! 

Why is swim club important?  Because my G loves it. She may be cranky in the car on the way to practice, but as we walk into the building towards the pool her whole demeanor changes. I can literally see it! Is it always good, mostly. There are times that it is challenging. For instance, the coaches worked more on technique of the breaststroke this past week instead of speed. This frustrated G. Why? Because G loves to swim and wants to do it right.

All that to say, G loves swimming and basketball! We will do whatever we need to make sure this is not interrupted because of money. Speaking of money, I'm glad to see Capitol Hill is working on a bill to pay government workers for furlough time. However, I am enjoying not working far too much. I may have to see about putting more time into my Plan B to make that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment