Monday, October 7, 2013

Furlough Day Seven

Monday...I don't have to go to work. Well, I do have to work at home. This week started my shoebox cleaning. What is a shoebox? The loving name I call my two story townhouse with a 1,000 square feet that holds three people, two short hair domestics and a Beagle. 

Back to the cleaning thing...You know the type of cleaning where you wipe down and vacuum everything in a room? Spring cleaning that is Fall cleaning I never do in the Spring or Fall. Unless, I am furloughed! I have messy people who live with me in my shoebox. Yes, it's frustrating to be the only one who cares about cleanliness. I believe that is called being a Mom. Some times I just give up!

G's room was first. I hauled two bags of trash out of her room. What I consider trash was G's treasures, but I didn't throw away ALL of her treasures. My child is a mini-hoarder! G came home from school trying to make a big deal about stuff missing, but she couldn't even tell me what's missing. Thankfully, this lasted all of five minutes. My child gets locked on something, and she will not let it go.

Monday evening I had the pleasure of enjoying dinner at Facci with some ladies from South Columbia Baptist Church. It is always nice to spend some girl time together. Thank you Kathee Shoger for treating me. :~) 

Another day of furloughing complete! I'll talk more about the furlough and government shutdown tomorrow. I have my reasons as to why I don't say much.

No comments:

Post a Comment