Saturday, October 12, 2013

Furlough Day Twelve

It's been awhile since we've cooked a big family breakfast at home on a Saturday. So, I cooked bacon, eggs, and biscuits for the family this morning. G helped me cook this morning. I love hanging out with my family!
 
I met the ladies from my small group for lunch at Panera. I've enjoyed getting to know them. I miss the closeness with other women I had at my church in Mississippi. I really wish Grace had more events for women. I'm praying about what I should do or say in this area.  I want to make sure it is something I should do or say.
 
I ran to the Walmart in Columbia since it is next to Panera. Never again! I say this after every time I go in there. This is the first time I have been in this Walmart in over a year. I thought I would save myself the trouble of driving to Target. The Columbia Walmart is small and usually out of most everything I need. Today, it was only out of the cat food I needed.
 
My problem this time is when I checked out. I noticed the milk was leaking on the checkout stand. I told the cashier it was leaking, and I didn't want it. I didn't get another one because it was the last gallon of 1% milk. The cashier rung the milk up and put it in a bag. I told the man again I didn't want it. He passed it over the scanner again and put it next to the register. I could tell it didn't take the milk charge off my bill. I let him finish and kept my mouth shut. I looked at the receipt, and I had been charged twice for milk I was not taking home. What part of "I do not want the milk" is so hard to understand? Thankfully, the Customer Service desk refunded my milk money.
 
Rick took G for her Upwards Evaluation. At Evaluation Day, they measure the each player's height. G has grown another 2 inches. She is almost five feet tall. I really hope G continues to grow and is a tall young lady. 
 
Every Saturday night is small group time. The small groups at Grace are going through a study in Romans, Life in HD, to compliment what the pastors are teaching during the worship services. Tonight we had a birthday celebration, Happy Birthday Megan! We also had a full house. Everyone was in attendance. It was a fun having such a large group. G and I enjoyed making acorns for small group.

 
I'm still enjoying my furlough time! G doesn't want me to go back to work. :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment