Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Furlough Day Eight

It's been a week! This furlough doesn't affect only government workers. Contractors cannot work because there is no money for the contract they are under. Some can't work because they are not allowed in a closed government building. Most contractors will have to use their vacation time in order to get paid, which can mess up travel plans for the holidays. Thankfully, I am a government worker who will eventually her money! 
 
I have wrestled with what to say and not say regarding the government shutdown. Most of the time, I keep my mouth shut. My Southern friends will be surprised I know how to do this. There is so much I want to say, but I don't feel it's right to say it! There are several reasons as to why I try to show restraint: 
  • I live in Maryland. Less arguments and high blood pressure when I keep my mouth shut.
  • I want to consider my words and posts before aimlessly posting because of my political affiliation.
  • Do I want others to see my political affiliation or loving kindness with a great sense of humor?
  • I am a government worker. Ultimately, Congress and POTUS are the bosses.
  • There is a time and place to take a stand.
  • Last, but not least...What would Jesus do?
On to other things...I finally got G's name up on the wall.  She picked out the letters at Hobby Lobby. You can't see it in the pic, but the letters have glitter all over them.

 
G received a room makeover for Christmas last year. This was one of the things I needed to get done in her room. I still have other pics and items to hang up. Maybe I'll get it done before she goes to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment