Friday, October 4, 2013

Furlough Day Four

I tried to stay in my jammies as much as possible today. I finally put a table at the end of my couch. Now, I have to move all the pictures on the wall and the rug on the floor because they are no longer centered. Yes, I am one of those people. I'll add that to my list and get to it next week.
 
I ordered three swim caps for G before I was furloughed. You should see the one she has been wearing for swim club.  It looks like a shower cap on her it is sagging so bad. G prefers the nylon caps for practice instead of silicone. I ordered a different brand for G to try. It was way too small. I went online to Amazon to send it back for a refund, and they told me to keep the cap. Amazon also refunded the cost of the cap AND the shipping cost.  I received all my money back.  How amazing is that?!
 
Here's G's two caps we did keep. 
I'll be glad to see G in these next week and not her "shower cap".
 
I tried to pay our Verizon bill this week. When I signed in to pay, the balance was $0. I couldn't figure out what happened so I called customer service. Evidently, I paid the bill back in September as soon as it posted. I thought I was paying the September bill when it was the bill for October. Isn't that convenient?! No Verizon bill to pay while I am furloughed. 
 
Ms. Barbara lives a few houses down from us. She calls on Rick a lot for help since he works from home. Rick and I went over to her house Tuesday because she wanted to give me a cancer ribbon lapel pin. We discussed the furlough, and I joked with her we can always afford Campbell's soup for lunch or dinner.  Ms. Barbara did not like that! So, she cooked us dinner tonight.  Homemade lasagna, a recipe from her grandmother, was the main dish.  She also provided tea, water, salad, garlic bread and a made from scratch butter pound cake.  One less meal to think about while furloughed, and it was all delicious!

 
Even the little things are taken care of and none of it is a coincidence! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment