Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Little Three Year Old Holy Spirit

The Garners tried to quietly play "hookie" from church this past Sunday, but the Little Holy Spirit that evidently lives in my house in the form of a three year old would not let it go. All we heard the entire day was "I want to go to church!" Tried to explain that mommy has a headache..."I want to go church!" Said we are going to go get your medicine and go to the basketball game..."Going to church first?" Simply said we are not going today..."I want to go to church!" Even when we didn't try to make our excuses we heard..."I want to go to church!"

Keep in mind, this is a very CHOLERIC little girl who never lets anything slip. It isn't a simple statement. It comes with a whine, a tone, a grunt, and even a throw myself down on the floor in disagreement. Normally, I would spank her for these things, but how can I spank her for being upset she is not going to church!!! To top it off, we may miss this coming week in order to pick Rick up at the airport. By the way, he is going to Mississippi for a wedding. Yes, we would all love to go, but it is too expensive to pay for all of us and board the Beagle!! Anyway, I think the Little Holy Spirit and I will go to the early service, so I don't have the same dilemma. Rick will have to sit at the airport and wait so we can appease the Little Holy Spirit!!

2 comments:

  1. Mr. David and Mrs. Karen would be so proud!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if you knew them from CHBC but Kara Grace Boleware(8 years old) (Mitch and Susan Boleware) died Wednesday night. She choked at home and they could not revive her. They recently moved to Hattiesburg but are having a memorial service at CHBC today. Go to my site and click on Kearsmom and she has a sweet post about her.

    ReplyDelete