Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Excuse Me...You Want Mothering Advice From Who?

Today, I went to the cafeteria for the daily morning jolt of caffeine in a Diet Coke, the cashier asked me if Marianne was still crying in the daycare. Let me explain...G and Marianne are both in the daycare/school located in my office building, but in two different classes. Except for the early morning drop off when they are in one classroom. Back to the story...
Marianne's mom's family operates the cafeteria. I only know the cashier as Marianne's mom. As most of you know...once you go to daycare or school you no longer have a name, you are someones mommy. I explained that G was not at school today, so I don't know. She preceded to ask me motherly questions of "Has your daughter ever...." I won't go into the details, of the convo, but I was standing there talking and screaming in my head, "YOU ARE ASKING ME FOR ADVICE? The mother who sometimes wants to spank herself with the "No No" (spanking spoon and what G labeled it) or bang her head against the wall after dealing with her HARD HEADED little girl!" Needless to say I was calm as a Larry cucumber on the outside, and left her with what she did not want to hear. "Marianne will be okay. She has to get use to being back on her schedule, but it is going to be a hard week on you." Hopefully I didn't leave her in a motherly puddle! I sound good, maybe I could handle a second child. Right, let me pop the ego bubble immediately!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...along with other accomplishments I am now an official visitor to your blog!!! How cute this is...I have signed up for a blog myself but haven't had time to blog!!! Do you know that excuse...I will check in on you all from time to time. Praying for your group to be the right one for you in your church...tough out of the Bible belt! Give Rick and Georgia my love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must be something in the air....everyone lately has a post with "the spanking spoon" in it! I actually think this is funny! I'm thinking of getting matching colors of my walls so that I can just hang them around. It's amazing that just having it hang out of my pocket today WORKED!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I read that right....you think you might be able to handle another one. That would be so much fun for the G. I'll be praying you become blessed with another bundle of joy. Hug G for me.

    ReplyDelete