Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where's My Car?!

Have you ever asked that question? I rarely lose my car, but one particular instance in Dallas, TX, my car was nowhere to be found. My friend Chas and I were at Market in Dallas. While we were there we stayed with some of her friends. The first day there, Chas' friends came downtown to pick us up to go to dinner. When we came back to the parking garage, my Honda Accord was gone. Robbie being the typical guy kept saying, "girls can't ever remember where they park their cars," as he continued to drive around looking for it and running his mouth...the madder I got. I finally yelled at him to pull over. Lord forgive me again, because it was not said in a Christian or Southern manner. The one thing I hate is for someone to consider me a brainless, air-headed, clueless girl. My car was gone!

I called the police, who told us to go home someone would call to take our information for a report. Are you kidding me? My Daddy always taught me never to leave the scene of a crime or accident. I told the operator we would wait! Two and a half hours later, no police. However, the Lord sent one to our location. The officers told us it was a good thing we flagged them down, or it would have been another six hours. The funny thing is I told myself at that moment I never wanted to live in a big city. Ha, where am I now? DC!

The next day, I rented a red convertible and drove home to Mississippi in style! By the end of the weekend, my car was found on cinder blocks with all the wheels missing, no floor mats, no sun visors, no Honda emblems, dented bumper and front quarter panel, and red paint across the hood. The windows and sunroof were left open and car was rained on for three days! My car had gone joy riding in "Big D" without me. I affectionately called her "The Hussy" after that for stepping out on me. "The Hussy" finally bit the dust two and a half years ago, and we sold her on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment