Saturday, November 21, 2009

Conversations With The G...

Let me just say, I do this blog for myself to remember things about Georgia. So don't be offended because I am not trying to be offensive, but merely recording my crazy life.

Grammy and Poppy pick up Georgia from school on Tuesdays and Thursdays to help Rick and I. Poppy and G were watching the cartoon Arthur on TV when G turned to Poppy and said, "Boys don't have po's like girls. They have curly ones!" Poppy said he had to cough to keep from laughing because it was an "out of the blue" comment.

Later that evening at the University of Maryland girls basketball game G whispers in my ear, "Momma, boys have curly ones!" I'm thinking what is going on here and why are we saying this. I told her this is not the place to talk about it. G goes right on like it's no big deal what she has said. On the ride home I bring it up and ask why G said what she said. This is what happened...

When G's class goes to the bathroom the kids have to wait between the two bathrooms until everyone is finished. G was waiting near the boy's bathroom on Thursday when one of the little boys came around the wall and stood in the door with his pants and undies around his ankles. This is how G came to her conclusion that boys are not like girls.

2 comments:

  1. My question is..."why does she call it a po? a po what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because my parents have always said po po when referring to the hiney area. G shortened it to just po.

    ReplyDelete