Monday, December 15, 2008

Out of The Mouth of Babes...

The entire family has been recovering from bronchitis since Thanksgiving, which has made productivity at our house non-existent. The first two weeks of December were gone before we knew it or even began to feel normal. Because of this, the Garners are not doing a traditional Christmas tree this year. I have Christmas trees I made out of tomato cages that sat on my fronch porch in Jackson, when my house was big enough to have a porch. Here, I have a cement square. Anyway, these two trees, a big and small one will be our Christmas trees in the house.

Why? I live in a two-story shoebox with two bedrooms and no storage. We rent a storage unit, and it's a huge ordeal to get all the Chritmas deocrations to our house and return the boxes so we have room. Then you have to get the boxes from the storage unit, fill them up again, and take them back to storage. I refuse to stress out over it. Christmas isn't about the decorations.

Yesterday, I was explaining to Georgia that we will have a Christmas tree, but it will not look like the one we had last year. Here's how the conversation went:

Georgia: "Why, Mommy?"

Mommy: "Because we have a small house, Mommy wants a bigger house, we've been sick, and time has gotten away from us."

Georgia: "Mommy, our house is just fine for us. Right, Mommy?"

Mommy: "Yes, honey it is."

Georgia: "Right, our house is fine, and it's cute too. Mommy, our house is beautiful!"

See, out of the mouths of babes. Georgia is absolutely right! Our house is just fine for us. The Lord will provide when we need it, and I am not stressing about Christmas decorations. I'll be good to even get Christmas cards out this year!!

Thank you, my sweet precious girl, for putting it all in perspective!!

No comments:

Post a Comment