Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Finally Home From G's Surgery!! ;-)

Thanks for all the calls and prayers. We arrived at the Greater Baltimore Medical Center at 6:56 this morning. G went into surgery sometime between 8 and 8:30 a.m. to have her tonsils and adenoids removed. Did great during the first surgery. Yes, I said first. Came out of it and seemed to be doing well, but kept getting paler as time went on. She continued to have blood in her mouth. The doctor came by twice and on the second visit said we need to take her back to surgery. G had a blood clot on the right side tonsil area. They went back in and took care of the clot and cauterized the area. After the second time in, all is well in her mouth. She did breakout in a rash on her face, but it has already disappeared.

We finally got home at 3:30 this afternoon. However, my child is refusing to sleep!! PLEASE PRAY FOR US, and pray that G will sleep!! I gave her Tylenol with Codeine an hour ago, and it has yet to knock her out. I was hoping she would snooze this afternoon because she needs it, and we need her to!! But no, she is complaining about EVERYTHING!!

I repeat...please pray for Rick and I during this recovery time and thank you for listening to my rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment