Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

I hadn't mentioned our trip last month to see Sleeping Beauty. Rick and I couldn't wait for it to be over. The first Act was three modern ballet pieces, intermission, and then...finally...Sleeping Beauty began. During the whole first act all I heard in my ear from G trying to whisper, "Where's Sleeping Beauty?" I wish I had a dollar for every time she asked. Sleeping Beauty finally started, and G loved it.

At the end, Sleeping Beauty's wedding party is entertained with solo ballet pieces. The solos or duets were Aurora and her prince, Blue Birds, a white cat and Pus in Boots (Rick and G were confused on this one), and Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf. The funniest thing was G didn't know who the wolf was with Little Red Riding Hood. Why? Because G's version is Cajun Red Riding Hood from the Hadleys, and the bad guy in this version is an alligator! G asked who the girl in red and wolf were and then asked where's the alligator? Good job my Cajun friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment