Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Princpal's Office...

I am sitting in the chair having my hair cut this afternoon, and I receive a call. I let it go to voice mail because I was being pampered. I finally checked voice mail...it was G's school. Since I am still learning the Samsung and couldn't tell if I had a voice mail, I called the school. I was told, "Yes Mrs. Garner, Mrs. Wallace called for you. Georgia is in her office." What?

Well, after hanging up on them several times because I don't have the hang of the Samsung quite yet, I realize I have several voice mails. I am told in the voice mail that G wouldn't listen to her teachers, was being sassy, and distrupting the class. Since the school is right around the corner, I just went to the school to talk to the principal and Georgia.

After talking to Mrs. Wallace, the principal, I go to G's class and pull her out. I wish you could've had seen the look on her face! I take her hand, and we begin to walk down the hall looking for a place to talk.

This is our conversation:

G: "Mommy are we going home?"
Me: "No"
G: "Why?"
Me: "We need to talk"
G: "I want to go back to my class."
Me: "You need to talk to me first."
G: "Mommy, I really want to go back to my class."
Me: "Not until we talk about why you were sent to Mrs. Wallace's office."
G: "Oh!"

Yep, our first trip to the principal's office! My hard-headed, strong-willed, little choleric needs to learn and understand authority and why God places us under different kinds of authority. This is only the first four and a half years. Lord God, help me please!

No comments:

Post a Comment